When it comes to cosmetic packaging for lotions and creams, cosmetic jars and pump bottles have been the most common options. However, lately, there’s a new player in the market that is rapidly increasing. That new form of packaging is widely known as airless pump bottles.
This post will dive deeper into what an airless bottle is, its benefits, and how you can make the most out of it. If you’re ready, let’s get started!
What is an airless bottle?
An airless bottle is a type of non-pressurized vacuum dispensing system. It uses a powered pump in a bottle. The disc inside rises to push the product out of the pump after you push it down. Once it’s full, the material kept inside is restored and maintain its integrity until used up.
What’s the advantage of using airless bottle?
The good thing about airless packaging is that it’s ideal for gels, creams, liquids, fluids, and much other health and beauty application. These airless bottles are great for formulates with a high viscosity. Further, there’s very minimal waste due to their capability to efficiently pump formulas that resist flow.
What’s more, airless bottles can improve product life thanks to their non-pressurized airless chamber. That is suitable for products with natural and organic ingredients and without preservatives. These bottles also provide a high-end packaging look and a plethora of personalized options.
Other benefits you can get from using airless bottles are:
- Perfect for dispensing high viscosity liquids that resist the flow
- Great double-wall protection for sensitive formulations
- Suitable for more sensitive products like foundations, serums, organic and natural creams, among others
- No dip tubes
- More lightweight than average pump bottles
- Offers smooth delivery without clogging and dripping at discharge
What are the different types of airless bottle?
Did you know that there are various types of airless bottles too?
- Airless Eye Treatment Bottles – As the name implies, it’s a bottle for eye treatment products. It takes an airless solution than the standard rollerball eye of other bottles.
- Glass Bottles with Airless Pump Bag Systems – These airless bottles are made of glass, making them highly recyclable.
- Dual Airless Pump Bottles – You can use this airless bottle for multi-step products.
- Airless Jars – These are jars that prevent contamination.
- Airless Pump Bottles – These are the best solution you can use if you like to extend the life of your products.
How do you use it?
A standard bottle pumps product from the bottle’s bottom but does not enable it to pull the last bit when it gets low. That leaves users trying to get the last bit of product from the bottom while exposing it to bacteria and oxidizing it, which leads to losing its efficacy. They are also stressful to do. However, that’s not the case with airless bottles.
Advanced airless bottles have a bottle container, a plastic piston device inside the body’s diaphragm, and a pump head at the bottle’s mouth. When the pump is depressed, the piston then moves upward in the diaphragm.
Pressure works to fill the empty cavity and dispenses the contents evenly. When a person is using small amounts, the precision afforded by these bottles can be essential, particularly for treatment products that need a great level of accuracy.
Your professional cosmetic airless bottles supplier: UKPACK
UKPACK is a professional cosmetic packaging supplier from China, it has own factory to make plastic cosmetic packaging bottles, jars and syrup pumps. UKPACK insists high quality products and good service for its clients. What’s more, UKPACK offers reasonable price to look forward to a long term win-win cooperation with you. Contact UKPACK today for ask a quick price for cosmetic packaging project. Follow us on Youtube for more news.